“New Authors, new audiences.”
Carolina Wren Press is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to publish quality writing, especially by writers historically neglected by mainstream publishing, and to develop diverse and vital audiences through publishing, outreach, and educational programs.
Carolina Wren Press seeks to fulfill its mission through the following activities:
- Publishing and disseminating quality fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and children’s literature.
- Pursuing the highest design and production standards in small press publishing.
- Recruiting authors of promise, including new authors, authors of color, women authors, and gay/lesbian authors.
- Seeking out work committed to multicultural ideals and to literary quality.
- Developing and leading seminars, classes, writing groups, discussion panels, and workshops in writing, editing, and publishing.
- Coordinating publication, outreach, and artist identification activities with other organizations in multicultural literary and artistic communities.
- Partnering with businesses, educational nonprofit organizations, and governmental agencies in developing and sponsoring new and innovative publication and audience development projects.